Paypal Payment Errors

Forum Support, Website Support, User Account Support. Also includes FAQ's for Site & Forum.

Paypal Payment Errors

Postby sikm8 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 am

Hi,

I am trying to donate but paypal (Australia) errors with "This recipient is currently unable to receive money".

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

UPDATE : This problem has now been resolved and the PayPal payments are now operating again. See full thread for details.
sikm8
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Re: Paypal Payment Errors

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Date : 6th July 2015
We have had our account stopped by PayPal because apparently they don't like that we have ROMs and Emulators. Funny that it has not been a problem for 10+ years but now they decided to stop it. To make things worse the money in the account (that is used to pay the bills for this site) has been frozen and is not accessible for 180 days. So we have no income, no access to our pool of funds and no way to pay the hosting company.

Assholes.

Until I get a way around this problem, no members will be able to upgrade to unlimited status, sorry but there is nothing I can do.

EVERYONE, please make this topic (now sticky) the only point for discussion on this issue.

MODERATORS, please move all posts about this issue to this topic.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby hamdiya » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:42 am

Hi everyone,

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am the developer that Hot Trout has been working with on this current website, and on the new website which is in the works.

We've had to temporarily disable the donations page while we try figure out a workaround. PayPal (ShitPal*) upto their usual non-sense :headbang:

At any rate, we are exploring other payment processors. Will update this thread once we know more.
hamdiya
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:34 am

hamdiya wrote:Hi everyone,

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am the developer that Hot Trout has been working with on this current website, and on the new website which is in the works.

We've had to temporarily disable the donations page while we try figure out a workaround. PayPal (ShitPal*) upto their usual non-sense :headbang:

At any rate, we are exploring other payment processors. Will update this thread once we know more.

Thanks hamdiya for this update. To make things even more awkward I am currently on holiday with my family and will not return to my office until this weekend, until then there is only basic things that I can take care of.

Stay in touch with this topic, post your messages/thoughts of support here and keep your donation money safe, we are REALLY going to need your financial support now, more than ever.

Thank you to everyone for their messages of support. :crazy: :cry:

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Dragon Mech » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am

i would say to use bitcoin, but that is more screwed up than paypal. :bowser:
best of luck to you though, HT & hamdiya. i'll be panic-ing with you in spirit. :freakout: :freakout:
Site Moderator
For the Glory of the Gamer Nation!
Dragon Mech
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Next LVL Up at : 630
Next LVL Up at : 630

Fav System: Too many to list here :D

Postby Kherr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Well, that's some BS, wth PayPal...? You have no issues letting people send money to shady websites for products like the r4i Gold, but you're going to stop us? *sigh* PayPal recently decided to close out my credit account because 'supposedly' I missed a payment and their reason was because I had a delinquency with them, but I called 'em up and gave 'em the transaction number and they go ah yea now the system is seeing it. But there's nothing they could do they said, I'd just not be eligible for PayPal Credit anymore because of their little screw up. I was mad, but as I press forward and hear about all these little (and big in our case) issues, I'm starting to realize that PayPal has grown to be a little too big for its britches as they seem to think they they and they alone handle online payment services and no one else could ever take their spot for a safe and secure form of online payment...

I don't know. I'm ranting now because this has made me mad, and of course it's at the start of my work day that I find this out... 3 days after the fact.

/sods off/
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:13 pm

So just to update everyone on what is happening with the donations and unlimited accounts. Due to the fact that PayPal are assholes we have decided to implement a different payment system that does not have a problem with this site. We have been in discussions with NOCHEX who are ok with what we do here and are happy to process payments for us.

I am currently in the process of setting up and website NOCHEX account and as soon as this has been finalised we will modify the donations page and allow everyone to upgrade to an unlimited account. It is most likely that we will be increasing the minimum amount by just $5 to $15 minimum from now on as well. As our only pool of funds has been frozen, we will need to quickly try and build up our funds.

On this note, it would be very much appreciated if everyone could please try and donate as much as then can once the new system is up and running. If you want to see theoldcomputer.com survive and hopefully our new website and download system completed, then please, send us some cash, we really need it now more than ever.

:thankyou:

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby madmike » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:24 am

Wow, I'm speechless. Joined awhile back, just to look around. Finally jailbroke my Ipad this week for mame4ios and wanted to donate and get some roms. Thanks for keeping us posted. Best of luck. :thankyou:
madmike
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Not Sure
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/" target="_new"> http://steamcommunity.com/id/.png" border=0 width=160 height=45>

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:21 am

fs02.jpg
BitCoin Accepted

In the meantime I am able to manually process account upgrades for people who can pay using BitCoin. If you would like to pay using BitCoin and are happy to wait until I can manually update your records (normally within a few hours) then please send me a PM (private message) in these forums and I will give you the details.

:thankyou:

I am working hard at getting this up and running again. Should have some more info on our progress by the weekend. Save your money until I have this working again. Once it is working we will need everyone to donate as much as possible.

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Just some update on the current situation. A lot of progress has been made in the past 5 days regarding getting the Unlimited account upgrade features up and running again. I hope to have the full solution in place by the end of the 1st week in Aug. Please check back frequently for more info.

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Next

Return to FAQ | Website, Forum & User Account Support