Donation is not possible at this time

Forum Support, Website Support, User Account Support. Also includes FAQ's for Site & Forum.

Donation is not possible at this time

Postby Kalteron » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi,

I just tried to donate and Paypal said that the recipient was currently unable to receive funds. Did they freeze your Paypal account?
Kalteron
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Commodore 64

Re: Donation is not possible at this time

Postby Kherr » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:12 am

Hi Kalteron,

We are having some issues with payment at this time. I am not aware of the full details as I do not handle that part of the site. The only person who can answer this for you is Hot Trout, but it seems as though they've closed the site's account. I am sorry but for the time being the only form of payment we are accepting is BitCoin. Please wait with us while we try to sort this out. Thank you for your patience! :)

Best Regards,
Kherr
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Next LVL Up at : 1800

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:47 am

The answer is yes, PayPal did close our account and I don't suspect that we will ever be able to get one again. They have been a royal pain in the ass for months now and this is the final straw. To be honest PayPal are a bunch of assholes and just like facebook, ebay and google, they have become too big for their boots and operate like the government.

Can I ask if you are able or willing to use the bitcoin payment method that has been setup? I ask because I want to find a secure, easy and 'big brother' free system for our members to use the site.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby aquaguard03 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Is it possible, in light of the closure of the site's paypal account, to donate an amount other than .08 Bitcoin? A straight $20 really was the best way for users to go without having to worry about exchange rates. When this was set up, the going rate of 1 BC was closer to $225 USD. Today it is over $400, raising the requested donation amount to $33.75 as of the time of this post. I'd like to contribute, and thought of it many times as I visited this site in the past (and now sorely wish I had prior to the paypal account being closed), but the amount of content available today compared to last September doesn't compel me to donate an additional $14 at this time. I'd happily send $20 right now, but unfortunately can't cop to the extra $$ at this time. Please understand, thank you for your time and consideration in this matter, and really, thanks for all you guys at theoldcomputer have done over the years for all of us retro gamers out here.
aquaguard03

Fav System: Xbox 360

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:58 am

The BTC option was the only thing open to us since. That said we are close to being able to offer a purchase via credit card for UK £20 ($27 ish) that will upgrade the account.

Since the start of last Sep we have added over 1.1TB of roms to the database and maintained all versions of MAME and HBMAME roms as well as many dozens of Emulator updates and entirely new systems both in the ROM and EMULATOR sections, so I don't understand your logic about the amount of content on this site. We have more ROM and EMULATOR content than any other site on the web ... period.

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Kherr » Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

aquaguard03 wrote:I'd like to contribute, and thought of it many times as I visited this site in the past (and now sorely wish I had prior to the paypal account being closed), but the amount of content available today compared to last September doesn't compel me to donate an additional $14 at this time. I'd happily send $20 right now, but unfortunately can't cop to the extra $$ at this time.

Let me echo Hot Trout's last post: We have more content available than any other ROM / Emulation website on the internet to date. Personally, I find 4+ TB of ROMs and up-to-date Emulators worthy of $34 USD.

That being said: We appreciate your feedback and concern as it means a lot to us. :hi:

aquaguard03 wrote:Thanks for all you guys at theoldcomputer [for all the work you] have done over the years for all of us retro gamers out here.

We really appreciate your kind words! Just remember that we're in it to archive gaming history, and you're welcome to come along for the ride anytime! :hi:
Kherr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fav System: PC/NES/SNES/Genesis
Steam ID: DAKherr

Postby Hot Trout » Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

I am now very close to being able to offer users the ability to upgrade using good old fashioned credit card. I will of course update the site with full information once it is completed and fully tested.

Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Postby Hot Trout » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:30 pm

New system in place see main site for details.