My random Thoughts about my experience of Emulation

Interesting storys, rants, info clips and links to all things related to old computers, retro gaming, mods and computers. You can leave comments only in this forum.

My random Thoughts about my experience of Emulation

Postby te_lanus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 pm

The problem I think is, trying to remember what commands run on what System and OS. Sometimes I need to get the OS' manual out to remember what commands to enter . The problem starts when You get to OS/Systems that never been released in the West. Japanese and Soviet/Eastern Europe spring to mind.

The difference between Amiga, Dos & mac is well known. But then you start getting in the murky waters of early 80's Computing, Where Basic (2 billion different versions :D ), CP/M ( Also Almost 2 billion versions :D ) GEM, and other Propriety OS's where supreme.

As a example, The Difference of changing a Directory between Atari's A800 Dos and CP/M where Huge. I think Today's Kids have it way to easy.

Where to Start. I've started My Emu road way back in 1998/9. It started with A5200 Emulation on WIN95. Then a month later Got my first taste with MAME, If I remember Correctly it was with 0.33B (something). Hell I remember being almost to get the whole Mame Romset on a CD and have room to spare.
Last edited by Kherr on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post with no reason.
te_lanus
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 670
Next LVL Up at : 670

Fav System: Everything 1980-2000

Return to Retro Computer Ramblings BLOG