Encyclopedia of Game Machines 1972-2005 by GamePlan

Interesting storys, rants, info clips and links to all things related to old computers, retro gaming, mods and computers. You can leave comments only in this forum.

Encyclopedia of Game Machines 1972-2005 by GamePlan

Postby Hot Trout » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 am

I kindly received a copy of this book from Winnie to review on the site. Over the years I have received many books on retro gaming and computing but none as concise and well photographed as this.

Game.Machines is a beautiful book which analyses and describes some 450 console and micro releases across the globe between 1972 and 2005. The tome's total 224 pages contain more than 600 colour pictures (not fuzzy internet jpgs, but professionally photographed shots made exclusively for this book) and tons of info and nostalgia, tech infos and background stories. Rafael Dyll, musician on the R64 Volume 2 CD and the Revival ST album, has translated it from the German original -- in close collaboration with author Winnie Forster and Rockstar's David McCarthy.

I reccomend this book to any real retro gaming/computing fan out there. It is a must have for your collection.

Visit their site for more info and to order.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Retro Computer Ramblings BLOG