Timex Sinclair 1000 - Sinclair ZX81 Part 2

Interesting storys, rants, info clips and links to all things related to old computers, retro gaming, mods and computers. You can leave comments only in this forum.

Timex Sinclair 1000 - Sinclair ZX81 Part 2

Postby crustyasp46 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

]WHAT NOW ?

The first part dealt with the machines themselves and a small piece of the history. Intended for the more studious in the audience.

For the more adventurous and those asking themselves what do you do with it if I get one, other than putting it on the tidy little shelf with all the rest of my collection, or using it as a bookmark?

Here are few suggestions:

Make server;
IMGP0630 (1).JPG

Add a USB:
usb.jpg

Add a harddrive:
zx2000hd.jpg
zx2000he.jpg

wanted to find out how much that is possible, and have my external 3.5 "HD (500GB) plugged into my Zeddy.

And lo and behold, it works! While making absolutely no sense, especially since there is no support for subdirectories, but it's cool, 500 GB on Zeddy to have.
Add a LCD
zx with LCD.jpg
zx with LCD.jpg (95.98 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
P3282735.jpg

PIctures of possibilities
IMGP0626.JPG
IMGP0651.JPG
IMGP0652.JPG

Have not been able to get an actual system :?: :?:

Try a virtual machine:
ts1000 emulation in a browser window.gif
ts1000 emulation in a browser window.gif (11.86 KiB) Viewed 1913 times

Worried about programs?

Come to THE OLD COMPUTERand download the roms for this machine because a search of the net will find programs to switch those rom formats back to the original format that will let you use all of them on the actual machine.

There are many resources for these machines on the web. Forums, hardware, and even yet programs are being developed.

My point to this is, whether it is the Timex Sinclair or any other retro system, there are people who are avid about them who try to keep them alive.

A search of the web will provide results and plentiful information. Sadly this information is slowly disappearing, so be thankful that we have this site dedicated to and honoring the great history of gaming and computing.

HAPPY SEARCHING :!: :!:

Back to the games, boys and girls :!: :typing: :greenscreen:
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Return to Retro Computer Ramblings BLOG