Cool Update : Daphne Laserdisc Games Added

The latest website news and update info.

Cool Update : Daphne Laserdisc Games Added

Postby Hot Trout » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Anyone in their mid 30's or older will remember Laserdisc video games in the arcades. The big titles were mostly by Don Bluth Studios, Dragons Lair and Space Ace were the biggest.

Just added to the rom database is the Daphne Laserdisc Roms section. A word of warning though, these emulators and roms are difficult to get working and the emulator called Daphne (named after the babe in Dragons Lair) is tricky. That said for the more persistent of you this section will allow you to relive some great memories.

I hope you enjoy playing these as much as I did. Although hard to get working, they are brilliant and now alot cheaper to play (in the 80's these machines took a lot of pocket money) :)
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: Cool Update : Daphne Laserdisc Games Added

Postby crustyasp46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 pm

So these are the suckers that sucked my kids allowances away, and made petty criminals out of them around the house, the bad little beggars. I guess I'll have to check them out, to see what the fuss was all about, way back then ! :freakout: :thankyou:
crustyasp46
He's Everyones Daddy
He's Everyones Daddy
Next LVL Up at : 1750
Next LVL Up at : 1750

Re: Cool Update : Daphne Laserdisc Games Added

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:51 am

If im not mistaken, these games were among the first to have very cartoony yet realistic animated cut-scenes that were very well done most of the time.

I do believe the Angry Video Game Nerd did a review on the Dragons Lair and he hated it haha

Return to Latest Website News and Updates