No More Nintendo Material

The latest website news and update info.

Re: No More Nintendo Material

Postby kpikid » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:11 pm

I still do not why this is such a big deal. Nintendo has protected their IP rights from the start, this is not new. Actually pretty much of the content on this sight is copyrighted, and we had such a good run (20+ years), and had the opportunity to have our collections for personal use. Unfortunately I have seen roms bundled with raspberry PI Retropie distributions, on ebay and that is just taking the mickey. Also these x-in1 boards that make it out of China is impacting future retro sales.

Like others have said, there will be torrents, and other sites that crop up. Recently I visited the Internet Archive, and their content is under the Library of Congress, which is excluded under the DMCA. Actually you could use the same exception and become a library yourselves. You just have to make a disclaimer that you are not hosting the files but storing them against obscurity.

Which brings me to the files for MAME. I have two main boards that are needing their roms replaced (I already have them). I can legally download the respective roms for those games for me to replace, otherwise those roms that have nintendo IP have to be removed also (if not done already). Remember that you can keep the bootlegs.

This site should not have large ISOs of games. Even with Member rights, the downloads take forever to come down, and again they are up in the Internet Archive anyway, so what is the point?

This site is still good for the legal grey area roms. And we now have an opportunity to purchase the said roms in their (nintendo) respective products, which these companies could have let us have 20 years ago. Yes we had the ability to play these games and bring back retro,only for the said companies to benefit on the retro experience.

We have had enough time to gather our collections. Now it is time to back it all up, besides you would need another 20 plus years to play them all. I have 250 bought Xbox 360 and 200 PS3 games I have not had time to play with!!! :lol:

Hope you do not get any more C&Ds. :cheers:
kpikid
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: Not Sure

Previous

Return to Latest Website News and Updates