We Got A New Massive Server

The latest website news and update info.

We Got A New Massive Server

Postby Hot Trout » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Great news for everyone at the site. Due to the excellent response from all the members that donated, posted and gifted their money to make this possible, we are very pleased to announce that you are reading this post from the massive hard disk on our new dedicated server platform. The previous server (nicknamed PDP-11) was in service for over four years. The new server (PDP-12) has just been made live today and should service us very well for a further four years at least. We now have over 8TB of RAID10 storage, fully cached controllers, 32GB Ram, dedicated SAN for backup and a dedicated 100MBit link.

A lot of ROM and Emulator updates that have been delayed (due to lack of space on the old server) are now planned for the coming weeks and months. In particular we will soon be adding the entire MAME 0.154 CHD's and ROMs in single file download packs for Unlimited members. There are also plans to bring online entirely new sections like Magazines, Manuals, Artwork and more.

Also exciting is the future release of V2 of this website which will include users download management, account profiles, bookmarking and entire folder downloading not to mention more ways to interact with the site.

All that is left to say is a massive thank you to everyone that donated over the past few months to make this happen. Without your hard earned money this would simply not have been possible. :hi:

We look forward to the future and to bringing even more Roms, Emulators, Books, Manuals and content to you.

Thank you
The Team @ http://www.theoldcomputer.com
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: We Got A New Massive Server

Postby White Owl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Hot trout if I beta for you test may I have a unlimited account sorry I am poor with free time on my hand job hunting thanks
White Owl
Next LVL Up at : 5
Next LVL Up at : 5

Fav System: PC

Re: We Got A New Massive Server

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:46 am

White Owl wrote:Hot trout if I beta for you test may I have a unlimited account sorry I am poor with free time on my hand job hunting thanks

Beta test what? I tell you what, if you can show me 20 links from other websites, forums, facebook pages or anywhere else on the web of importance, I will gift you an unlimited account.

Go tell the world about us, make links back to us and an unlimited account is yours.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Return to Latest Website News and Updates