Site Updates and Other News

The latest website news and update info.

Site Updates and Other News

Postby Hot Trout » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm

It has been a while since I updated the news properly. Regular followers will have been kept up to date from within the forums but I decided to create a huge news update for everyone else to follow. Up to the minute ROM and EMULATOR updates can be found at the corresponding threads in the general discussion forum. So here goes the news roundup.

The Main Roms and Emulators database have been recently improved with better social and google+ buttons as well as faster database speeds and WC3 certification. I also updated the roms descriptions and images as well.

We also appointed two existing members to new roles of Curator for these two main sections. Forum member Te_Lanus has become the official curator of the ROMs database and does an excellent job of helping me keep the various sections up to date. He also has the ability to add systems that I never even knew existed (see full list below) which puts a smile on my face like a cat that got the cream. New member PMJP has also been appointed the curator of the Emulators database and in his short few weeks has made massive changes and additions to our ever expanding collection of emulators. His excellent work can easily be seen by visiting the emulators and spending a few minutes browsing.

Our forum membership numbers continue to grow at a fast rate. At the date of this post we have almost 55,000 members with an average 500 members online every 24 hours. The forums continue to be popular with support for roms and emulators being the most used. I urge everyone that has not already posted, to take a minute and get involved. You will find a great community of people that are willing and able to help and discuss all things retro.

Lastly for this post I want to summerise the many different ROM sections that have been added in the past few months, to link to these please just visit the ROMs Database.

Amstrad PC1512
Amstrad PC1640
APF Imagination Machine
APF M-1000
Apple Macintosh
Atari 800
Bondwell Model 12
Digital DEC PDP15
Digital DEC VAX
Dream 6800
Chip 8 Chip8
Chip 8 Mega Chip
Chip 8 Super Chip
Convergent Technology 3B1
Epoch Game Pocket Computer
IBM PC5140
Kaypro Kaypro 4
Luxor 1600
Luxor ABC 806
Nintendo NES GoodNes 3.1
Nintendo NES Rare Games
Philips CDi
SEGA Saturn
Sharp MZ-1500
Sharp MZ-2000
Sharp MZ-2500
Sony Play Station
Sony SMC 777
Sony SMC 70
Soviet Block Korvet
Tandy 1000
Tandy 2000
Texas Instruments CC-40
Texas Instruments Ti-81
Texas Instruments Ti-84 Plus
Uzebox
Visual technology 1050

That's quite enough for now, I have still got about 30 other new systems that need published into the news but I will do that in my next news update. Thanks for reading and remember to check out our facebook page for daily updates as well. Until next time, keep gaming.

Hot Trout :typing:
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: Site Updates and Other News

Postby JAHGoVeg » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm