Guest wrote:What exactly would you be posting soft mods for?
ill be posting them so whatever console or portable can play emulator and roms
Re: softmodding
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:51 pm
by Hot Trout
Good grief, every generation seem to need their own terms for things. In my day what you call a soft mod was referred to as a hack. We hacked hardware, software, OS, Eprom, CMOS, BIOS etc. When we busted the game protection open we had 'Cracked' it and when we sent it via the phone line for FREE we had Phreaked it.
kids.
Re: softmodding
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:59 pm
by Kherr
Who you calling kid? I beg your pardon but I'm aware of all the terms. Thank you. X3
Seriously, that's the bottom line. The only reason it's called a "softmod" is because it's at software level. A "Hardmod" is on hardware level (IE the chips on the physical card, or re-wiring it so it runs better... something to do physically with the hardware). That's why they came out with the terms was to be more specific... To "hack" something was too general. You could physically hack it or software level hack it. Either way, it was hacked and searching on google or whatnot would lead to both types of results. Going with "softmod" or "hardmod" helps to refine your searches. (IDK, just guessing here)
LOL, I'm tired. I'm stapling my mouth shut and going to bed. 'Night. X3
Re: softmodding
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:11 pm
by Guest
I agree with Kherr lol. I know what all those things are but then again I know alot of stuff I shouldnt in that general area.
gamfrkI: I see no problem in posting softmods. I myself was looking for some for a PSP so i can emulate on their but never really put much effort into searching for info about it. Looks like youve done that for me =]