Sir Clive Sinclair Dies Aged 81

The latest website news and update info.

Sir Clive Sinclair Dies Aged 81

Postby Hot Trout » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Sir Clive Sinclair

Sir Clive Sinclair, the British inventor and pioneer of the home computing revolution has died at the age of 81. If you were a child living in the UK in the early 1980's, you will know exactly how he was. Most likely you will have wanted or even owned one of his home computers. He was a true genius and constant inventor. The Spectrum range of home 8-bit computers, the Sinclair C5 (a small electric city car that had you eye level with lorry wheels), the pocket TV, Sinclair pocket calculator and various watches with calculators, all came from his mind to physical reality and at the time all were lusted after in much the same way that Apple products are now.

For all your genius and for giving our childhoods such great memories and products, we wish you farewell and Godspeed Sir Clive.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 3650

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Re: Sir Clive Sinclair Dies Aged 81

Postby sci » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Hey there HT. Its been a minute. It's scifi from the Pacific North West in the States. Sorry to hear 'bout Sinclair. I'm from the generation after his so tick-tock for me. We got old Gates and Wozniak getting up in years. Jobs blundered his way into an early grave probably due to his ego. The 80's had so many wonderful systems originate didn't they? The 80's was the nerds 60's, huh. Or are we geeks? Nerdy geeks! Lets go with that.
sci
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member
Next LVL Up at : 25
Next LVL Up at : 25

Fav System: Not Sure

Postby Hot Trout » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:32 pm

sci wrote:Hey there HT. Its been a minute. It's scifi from the Pacific North West in the States. Sorry to hear 'bout Sinclair. I'm from the generation after his so tick-tock for me. We got old Gates and Wozniak getting up in years. Jobs blundered his way into an early grave probably due to his ego. The 80's had so many wonderful systems originate didn't they? The 80's was the nerds 60's, huh. Or are we geeks? Nerdy geeks! Lets go with that.

I am a sell confessed geek. Sir Clive was a true visionary and a sad loss. The guys that created the scene are dying off and the guys that were there when it happened like you and I are getting old as well.
Webmaster, Admin, Amiga Fan, Retro Gamer and Collector

Click the banner to Join us on Discord
Hot Trout
Unlimited Member
Unlimited Member

Fav System: Amiga
Steam ID: hot_trout

Postby RoboCop » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:23 am

He was UK Computer legend!